Nikon D3000 and Opteka 6.5mm fisheye connection error? Help please.

CameronLax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So today my Opteka 6.5mm fisheye lens came in today. Psyched, I ran into my room and took it out of the box only to find out I cannot do anything with it. First I put it on the manual setting on the wheel and tried to adjust the aperture. Seeing as I couldn't I put it onto the easy mode to see the errors. It said, "error, lens not attached," which I found weird considering this was a lens specifically for Nikon. I just need help on how to get the fstops to work so I can take action pictures of my friends with my new lens.

Tell me if you need addition detail to help me solve this mystery.

Oh, and sorry if I posted this into the wrong subsection of the forum, I just made this account and I figured the experienced people could help me out.

This is a fully manual lens where you will have to set apeture manually using the aperture ring and estimate exposure using the 'Sunny 16' rule or stop-down metering. I'm not even 100% sure if this lens will function at all on your camera, but in manual, it should work...

This is a fully manual lens where you will have to set apeture manually using the aperture ring and estimate exposure using the 'Sunny 16' rule or stop-down metering. I'm not even 100% sure if this lens will function at all on your camera, but in manual, it should work...

Thank you so much, I just didn't realize the aperture was set on the lens.. :l It looks good now, again thanks a lot.

It's not a fantastic lens, but for the price of it-it's not that bad either. They're marketed under several different bands and they're pretty basic, ok, fun lens. It's not going to give you professional quality, but what do you expect at that price? Keep it. It was cheap and you'll have fun with it.

.......hey're marketed under several different bands .......

Vivitar, Samyang, Bower, Bell & Howell, Falcon and Rokinon et. al.

Most reactions

Back