Nikon D3000 Buffer question

duncanmac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hoping someone can answer a question.I have been told by someone that has a little more experience (I am a beginner) that if I get a battery grip it will help sppeed up the transfer of my photos to the SDHC card. I am shooting alot of my son's high school football games and find I lose shots as the play progresses because the buffer is full (I shoot in burst with my Nikon D3000 and use Transcend 4 GB class 6 SDHC cards). Will a battery grip help or will a higher class memory card help? Or am I stuck with dealing with it?

Thanks for any and all help!!!!

That someone was wrong. However, adding a Nikon brand vertical grip to some Nikon DSLR camera models does increase the FPS rate the camera is capable of, but still doesn't increase the buffer write speed.

The D3000 is an entry level camera. Consequently, the buffer offers limited performance.
Buying a higher class memory card is a good way to waste money. Card speed is more about upload to a computer speed, than it is about - write photos to the card in the camera speed.

If you look at page 177 of your D3000 User's Manual, it notes that buffer capacity is diminshed when ISO is set to 800 or more, and if noise reduction or Active D-Lighting is on.

Thanks for saving me some money. I was about to go and get higher class cards and a grip!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back