What's new

Nikon d3000 Photos C&C, advice and tips pls

mtim

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
Got my nikon d3000 for christmas. All shot in raw and tweaked with Aperture. Looking for some constructive feedback. Check my flickr Flickr: mtim90's Photostream

4293539668_64952d7734_b.jpg

4245184713_bc884dc51f_b.jpg

Cheers
 
i like these images a lot, especially 1. what nice light!
for 2 all i can say perhaps take a step back to get more of the piano in foreground.
 
Was the sky really 3 different colors or was this done in PP?
 
yes it really was different colours although, not as strong as that, was washed out a bit . So I upped the saturation in the sky a bit, to bring it out a bit more perhaps too much? opinions? I quite liked the effect
oh and re piano in foreground, good point. I was playing around with depth of field and playing withe lines of the piano but in hindsight that may have been better thanks.
 
Is that chromatic aberration around the trees on the left or is it my eyes?
 
IMO the shallow DOF is misplaced for this kind of an image.

In fact, I think having the entire keyboard in focus would have been much more dramatic.

I opened with the photo in ACR and confirmed it is underexposed (by 2.25 stops). I cropped out the distracting white thing in the top middle, and the OOF foreground camera left. Being only a 116 kB file, it wouldn't hold any other editing.

All in all a good idea, but could use some other technical approaches and be made a much stronger image IMO, which makes me also wonder how you processed it to B&W.

Could you elaborate?
 
Hi thanks for replys sorry for my horrible slow reply! Kmh i agree, when i processed that photo a month or so ago I didn't understand editing as well, as i do now! I think I used the b&w effect in iphoto can't remember now. Would like to think i could do a better job these days! However I thought the shallow depth of field made the shot a bit different! meh i don't know! Each to there own :)
 
That first picture is gorgeous! I love the colors in it...would look amazing framed :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom