Nikon D300s or Canon 7D?

thx for the input guys. Well the 500D is great but the grip of it is a bit short so to say for my "hunky" hands. My little finger goes under the camera so it doesent feel well holding it up long.

I have tried the D300s and the 7D with a lens at the lokal store. And to say i like the grip of the D300s over the 7D but not by much, the 7D had also a good grip but grip wise i would take the D300s.

But i have seen on the lenses and i seen that maybe (not sure) but Canons lenses are faster to focus then the nikon's on some of the ranges. I have seen on the 80-400 for Nikon or the 100-400 for canon. I have thought of just dropping those and take a 70-200 f2.8. There i like the nikon one over the canon one. So i can say its a though choice :p.

Real tough call on those lenses. Sadly I have not tried either Nikon or Canon's new versions but heard nothing but fantastic reviews from them. I plan on renting one here in a couple months for a workshop I'm going to so it's all set. The few past attempts to get hold of the Canon proved disappointing as they were all rented to others. Whatever differences between these lenses will be slight if any I am sure. It's probably the most used lens by pros of any camera make, so you know both Nikon and Canon will go all out to make there version the best they can.

thx for the input guys. Well the 500D is great but the grip of it is a bit short so to say for my "hunky" hands. My little finger goes under the camera so it doesent feel well holding it up long.

I have tried the D300s and the 7D with a lens at the lokal store. And to say i like the grip of the D300s over the 7D but not by much, the 7D had also a good grip but grip wise i would take the D300s.

But i have seen on the lenses and i seen that maybe (not sure) but Canons lenses are faster to focus then the nikon's on some of the ranges. I have seen on the 80-400 for Nikon or the 100-400 for canon. I have thought of just dropping those and take a 70-200 f2.8. There i like the nikon one over the canon one. So i can say its a though choice :p.

I own the 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, and it is a really nice lens...highly recommended.

It is the best lens I own hands down. I would go as far as to say it just may be the finest lens that Canon makes for the $$$.

The focal length is so useful on a crop body, it's perfect for many things.

I literally can't find any fault in it, its that damn good.

I would even put this lens above my 85mm 1.2 for general purpose portrait work, because it has zero CA. I don't have to worry about the results, its 100% consistant. It has UD and fluorite elements, so this is to be expected.

I wish that I could have the DOF and bokeh of the 85 1.2 on the 70-200 2.8. That would be one big heavy lens lol.

Have you treid fitting a battery grip to the base of your 500D - even without big hands I had the same problem with my 400D before I added a grip - now my fingers fit far easier

Most reactions

New Topics

Back