Nikon d3200 vs. d5100 vs. Canon T3i

jakehinds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I looked on snapsort and they said the d5100 and the d3200 is a tie, but I talked to somebody and they said that nikon has more issues than the canon T3i? What do you guys think? It'll be my first DSLR

Nikon has no issue with the Canon T3i aka 600D. Why should they ? Thats the precedessor of the precedessor of the current 700D. Thats a camera from 2011. The Canon equivalent to the D3100.

And IMHO D5100 >> D3200. All the D3200 offers is better video and more megapixels. The D5100 has the better sensor and the super practical flipscreen (sadly the D5100 and its successor D5200 are still the ony Nikon DSLRs with such a flipscreen). I would never trade my D5100 for a D3200, ever.

Deciding which company you go for is done this way: you get into a good photography shop and take each camera in the hand. Check out where the functions are, how you like their placement, which camera seems to be more intiutive to you.

Another criteria is of course: what do your friends have. Because you can share lenses (and flashes etc) with each other if you all have the same.

Nikon has no issue with the Canon T3i aka 600D. Why should they ? Thats the precedessor of the precedessor of the current 700D. Thats a camera from 2011. The Canon equivalent to the D3100.

And IMHO D5100 >> D3200. All the D3200 offers is better video and more megapixels. The D5100 has the better sensor and the super practical flipscreen (sadly the D5100 and its successor D5200 are still the ony Nikon DSLRs with such a flipscreen). I would never trade my D5100 for a D3200, ever.

Deciding which company you go for is done this way: you get into a good photography shop and take each camera in the hand. Check out where the functions are, how you like their placement, which camera seems to be more intiutive to you.

Another criteria is of course: what do your friends have. Because you can share lenses (and flashes etc) with each other if you all have the same.

Uhh what? I never said Nikon had a problem with the canon T3i. What's a precedessor?

I have yet to find someone who dislikes the Nikon D3200. See genuine Nikon D3200 reviews there under the Camera Package Details.

Theyre all fairly similar cameras. Enough so that to make a decision, you should probably just try to find a store where you can get your hands on two or all three of them to try them out. May be difficult though, since they are not the newest of models.

Otherwise, just go based on what seems like good features to you, like the flip out screen. You aren't going to make any terrible mistakes here.

If you REALLY want more useful advice from us, then you need to give a lot mroe details about what you're going to be shooting the most, and exactly what your budget is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back