Nikon D3x

I'm gonna wait for the 124 megapixel model.

That's a bit of a stretch! :) It's more like saying that last years Corvette's will be cheaper than this year's Corvette's... you're still talking about the top of line full frame pro cameras from Nikon. Comparing the Corvette to a Chevy van is like comparing the D3X to a D40.

Nope, no year differences AT ALL. The D3 came out THIS year. The D3x came out This year and the D700 came out 2 months ago, again THIS year. We are comparing "same year cars", just different models within the same company ;) and I do not think you get it... it is the CONCEPT, not the model of car that is important! There is a HUGE difference in market between a D700 and a D3x, there is NO marketing relationship between the D3(x) line and a D700 short of them both wearing the name NIKON... no matter how elastic your imagination is... it cannot be stretched that far without snapping... lol.

The release of the D3x will have exactly ZERO impact on a D700. Wishful thinking at it's most optimistic and wasted (in this case) form. I know someone that has waited the last 3 weeks for B&H to drop the D700 price another TEN dollars... TEN! They will not buy until. In the meantime, in the last 2 weeks alone, I've taken over a 1000 pics with my D700. Well worth the 10 bucks to get it now and stop procrastinating.

The Canadians have an expression... get off the pot or crap, but quit sitting there, becuase all you are doing is blowing hot air... LOL!
Texans have a different saying... either pull the trigger or put the gun away becuase all you seem to be doing is waving it around a lot and making everyone nervous!

You can also wait another 6 months and start picking up used D700s... but in that time, you could easily be into the 10,000 picture range and enjoying the camera to the limits. ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back