Nikon D40 6.1 MP image enlarged

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still playing with this old camera. Here's a single shot at 6.1 MP enlarged to 24" wide, then shrunk down again to fit on this forum. Nikon 18-70mm Lens corrected in DXO, raw processed and exported in Photoshop. It gives my D850 a run for the money? nah... It will end up back in storage soon.

DSC_0026_1200px.jpg

I loved that little camera! At the end of the day, it became pretty dated in terms of ISO invariance. You can't confidently shoot in low light without flash. Have been quited tempted lately to grab a used D700 however. Those images hold up pretty nicely to my eye.

Fun shot! Glad you reminded me of my first 'real' digital camera!

I loved that little camera! At the end of the day, it became pretty dated in terms of ISO invariance. You can't confidently shoot in low light without flash. Have been quited tempted lately to grab a used D700 however. Those images hold up pretty nicely to my eye.

Fun shot! Glad you reminded me of my first 'real' digital camera!
Yes! If going for an older camera it makes sense to get an older FF camera. The D700 is a classic. On the Canon side the 5d MkII is usually a great deal and with more resolution @ 20MP. Only makes sense if you already have Canon glass, though.

Most reactions

Back