What's new

Nikon D40 C&C

Bunda4th

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Beach, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the Nikon D40 w/lenses kit for about a 2-3 month now and been reading and learning each time using it. I also start to get into PP. Here is a few of my recent photo of my car. All taken with the 18-55mm lens

These have been into PP:
HDR3.jpg

HDR2.jpg

HDR.jpg


These are unedited:

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg


This was taken when I was still playing around with settings (about a month ago):
DSC_0471.jpg


c&c please, I want to get better. I am currently saving up for a tripod and a new lens (18-200 VR lens).
 
How did you do No.3?

Nice stuff there, you love your car eh?
 
nice car, nice shots. I think for #3, he isolated the car, and lens blur the background, using photoshop of course.
 
I think the first one is really good :)
 
For shot #3 I did isolated the car. I basically mask the car and copy it and paste it on its own layer. Then copy the original layer and have that below the car layer.

I then used one of the blur filter, until i got the desire effect. I am a car enthusiast and want to start taking photo of other folks car from the forum I am a part of.

Thanks for all the C&C :)
 
Since you are looking to take pics of cars i suggest you look into picking up a good Circular Polarizer, it will help with reflections.
 
I check out your flickr and those car photo are nice. What kind of Circular Polarizer are good? I am still new to the filter stuff and I read the tutorial and still not sure what brand and filter be good.

Also how would the circular polarizer help with reflections?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom