Nikon d40x lenses & filter

Myspacepix!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay, so i don't know what i want, every year i go up to the bighorn river in montana to fly-fish with my dad and grandpa, the bird life up there is spectacular. because of the bird life id really like a nice low-mid priced telephoto such as like a 70-300 or anything around 300 mm (it can be over but i don't want a massive lens). Next i dig the lensbabies, what do you guys think about those, yes, no?

finally, filters, i saw a thread labeled "clouds of death" in general gallery(sorry i forgot who posted it!) but i really like the effect it had, it was a neutral density filter. what are neat-o filters that can really enhance any aspect of the photo?

thnaks guys.. lol

any lens recommendations?

Yes first recomendation is don't bump threads which are less than a day old. Especially when most of the world is out with the family celebrating chocolate goodness.

The Nikkor 70-300mm is quite capable and a good choice for that zoom range.

I don't care much for lensbabies at all, but that's personal taste.

Neutral Density filters don't affect colour. That's why they are neutral. Don't get it confused with the filter he actually meant a "graduated Neutral Density" filter or ND-Grad filter. This darkens the top of an image and is great for sky/landscape photos.

Generally though this filter can easily be done in photoshop providing a) nothing in the photo is moving, and b) you have a tripod. Take 2 exposures each one or more stops apart, layer them on top of each other in photoshop, and then finally apply a gradient mask.

A filter to make nature colours really pop would be a polariser.

thank you Garbz. So what is it that makes you not care much for the lensbabies?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back