Nikon D40x to Canon Powershot Sd780 IS

rvaphotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my D40x is dunzo. Didn't have enough to buy another slr and I've been wanting a compact point and shoot anyhow so went ahead and bought the Canon powershot sd780. Haven't opened it yet because they charge a 15% restocking fee if you return it!! I did some of my own research and it seemed like the best choice for what I was looking for.
Anyone own one or have any info on it? Or perhaps recommend a different camera?
I'm looking for something very compact but with really good picture quality. 12 mp and up. I don't really care about other extra settings I just want a camera to have for those spur of the moment shots to easily grab out of my purse.

Turns out the shutter is broken. Don't want to bother replacing it for $350. They think the shutter release sensor needs to be replaced too. =[

I think the Canon SD780 is a great PnS camera. You have made a good choice. If you want something more advanced then maybe you shouldn't open it and save money for something better.

Turns out the shutter is broken. Don't want to bother replacing it for $350. They think the shutter release sensor needs to be replaced too. =[

If you already have lenses for a D40, you should be able to find a nice
used D40, either on Craigslist or eBay for around $250.00 or so.

i think a lot of the newer point and shoot cameras are all pretty much alike and you'd be making a good choice for simple, spontaneous pictures regardless of which kind you bought.

I think I'm going to go ahead and keep the Sd780 for a point and shoot. I'm looking into saving up for a Canon Rebel T1i for a simple dslr. Any thoughts?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back