Nikon D600 and many questions

^^
Yes because I mostly use it for family gatherings, pubs and bars, indoor shots with usually large group photos which do not require much DOB or can't shoot wide open. Therefore mostly I find my camera at 6400-10,000 or even above ..
I do have a sb-800 flash but in some situations where I just need to snap fast , I don't use it much often

^^ Thanks for the message , yes the 5D mkIII is a total different level in terms of auto focus, speed etc , but when it comes down to image sensor , it should be on par with the 5D mkIII if not better (as I mentioned DXO rates the sensor 3rd best .... I am sharpening raw in Lightroom at 80 is the detail)
The D600 beats snot out of the 5D MKIII image sensor, but the final image is about more than just the image sensor.
DXO Mark's image sensor test results don't include test results for image sharpness.

A big factor is the lens used.

Lightroom's Sharpening panel Detail slider at 80 is part of your problem if you are also setting the Amount slider to 80.
I still wonder what values you set the Radius, Masking, Luminosity and Color sliders are set to.

I'm beginning to suspect you have some substantial gaps in your technical understanding of how digital photography works, and how to perform basic image editing tasks like sharpening a digital photograph.

^^
Like I said I have used a lot of gears in the past and do have a collection of photos taken from different cameras , but pics taken from D600 is missing the punch/sharpness/crispness to it. I wish there was a better way of showing the problem or a better way of explaining what I am trying to say...

^^
Yes because I mostly use it for family gatherings, pubs and bars, indoor shots with usually large group photos which do not require much DOB or can't shoot wide open. Therefore mostly I find my camera at 6400-10,000 or even above ..
I do have a sb-800 flash but in some situations where I just need to snap fast , I don't use it much often

What about at base ISO's? You can't really expect a g camera to give the performance you're after in that ISo range

^^
The pic I posted is at iso 160..
After editing many pics I have realized that the raw output seems to need a lot of sharpening in order to make it look how the other cameras look.. I am beginning to suspect that the kit lens is not that great after all

^^ The pic I posted is at iso 160.. After editing many pics I have realized that the raw output seems to need a lot of sharpening in order to make it look how the other cameras look.. I am beginning to suspect that the kit lens is not that great after all

A kit lens will have a very hard time resolving a demanding 24mp sensor. Try premium glass (rent or borrow) and see if the issue persists.

^^
I have mostly used the 24-105 f4 lens with my 5d mk II and mk III and although both the cameras are 20+ mp , I never seem to have any problems .... With this 24-85 lens being a 2012 model and shooting at f6-7 , I don't know why it can't resolve 20mp ... Anyway I will be checking the 24-70 soon and come back to this thread

Most reactions

Back