Nikon D600 Expected – 24.7 Megapixel – Full Frame

Is it just me or does it look rather small?

It does look a little small, but the rumored features looks great.

Well, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Now FF won't be the cream of the crop for only serious enthusiasts and pros. Obviously these cameras will not have all the bells and whistles that D800-like and 5D-like cameras will have, but paired with HQ glass, they'll allow people to take amazing pictures for a lot less, without having to stick to crop with it's horrid FoV and DoF.

For a lot of people there will no longer be any point to buy a D800 or a 5D because they could get all FF benefits for a lot less.

More FB and bestbuy photogs on the way...and now bragging about their pro gear
bigthumb.gif

Why is everyone so down on this new FF camera? It looks like an upgraded version of the D700 and everyone loves that camera...

I'm not down on it at all

The question is, will the entry full-fraimers be banned from weddings like all "pros" with "rebels" were?

imagine the power of cam bodies in 10 years. The D800's and 5D Mark III's will be considered, uhmmm................
bigthumb.gif

sovietdoc said:
The question is, will the entry full-fraimers be banned from weddings like all "pros" with "rebels" were?

I doubt that. The D700 at one time was Nikon's entry level FX DSLR (as in the cheapest FX). The D600 might be someone's backup to the D800.

Does look interesting. Why no shots of the top or back I wonder? I would like to see the button configuration. It also doesn't mention FPS. I do like the idea that it would use the EN-EL15, the D600 could be my choice when I go full frame and being able to use the same batteries as my (then) backup D7000 would be convenient.

I think it is a great option for an upgrade from my S5 Pro assuming I could gather up the $ to do it.

D700 prices are going to drop .... let all the BBers go new, I'll have another D700 please! :D

Me too. I'm just waiting to pull the order on one, mine I use now will become my back-up "throw around on the bike" body
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

Back