Nikon D600 + iPad "ECOSYSTEM"

mergetrio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After much discussion and deliberation with some sound advice from good folks here I decided to do the following and forego buying a Canon G15, Fujifilm X20 or Nikon P7700.

1. Convert my Nikon D1x to a dedicated IR camera;
2. Purchase a practically new D600 w/ AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F/3.5-4.5 ED VR lens (tomorrow :));
3. Keep Nikkor AF Macro 2.8 60mm;
4. Possibly sell Nikkor
24-120mm 1:3.5-5.6D; and
5. Catch up with technology as well as brush up on my camera knowledge!

With that I would like to know what peripherals I would need to work in concert with my iPad such as a WiFi adaptor? Also, how do folks here work (and for what purpose) with an iPad and DSLR? I would like to maximize the potentiality and capabilities with these equipments. Thanks!

Congrats you will love that D600. I will be getting the 24-85 for mine end of the month.

Congrats you will love that D600. I will be getting the 24-85 for mine end of the month.

Thanks! I see that you got one too. Enjoy yours!

The only real iPad ecosystem is an iPad and a few other Apple products. The remainder are somewhat of a hack. The iPad is nothing more than an expensive toy display to show people mid shoot. The way I had it setup with a D800 was to set the camera to copy RAWs to CF card and JPEGs to SD card, and then put a eye-fi SD card in. That would automatically send the JPEGs to the iPad for some quick viewing.

Waste of time ultimately, my final photos never look like anything like the camera JPEGs but in the shoot we did use it the model and the randoms did love it.

The only real iPad ecosystem is an iPad and a few other Apple products. The remainder are somewhat of a hack. The iPad is nothing more than an expensive toy display to show people mid shoot. The way I had it setup with a D800 was to set the camera to copy RAWs to CF card and JPEGs to SD card, and then put a eye-fi SD card in. That would automatically send the JPEGs to the iPad for some quick viewing.

Waste of time ultimately, my final photos never look like anything like the camera JPEGs but in the shoot we did use it the model and the randoms did love it.

I was hoping for "cool" possibilites ~~~

I got the 24-85 as a kit with my d600 and sold the lens 2 days after. too much distortion from 24-40

Ended up NOT buying the used (practically new) D600 as the warranty is NOT transferable or assignable :(

Just ordered Fujifilm X20 :) It should do for now.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back