Nikon D600 Sensor issues, really bad...

exposure should come out to a second or two. Wave the camera around a bit as you expose to smear any background out to smoothness.

Then you can really see the sensor crud!

Excellent idea! I think I'm gonna steal it.

I stole it myself! I forget where from, but it works like anything.

I stole it myself! I forget where from, but it works like anything.

No honor among thieves, I guess!
jail1.gif

Look into the Copperhil CCD cleaning web site tutorials, for both knowledge, and products needed to simply clean away your problem.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I am new here and I am grateful I joined, I will clean my sensor and see what happens, you guy´s rock :)

also an idea for those trying to find test backgrounds, open up a blank document on your computer screen. f22+ and a couple second moving exposure gives a nice even background.

at 1.2k clicks my d600 took many a swab to get it clean. hopefully the next cleaning will be lighter.

Ummmm took 100 shots at f22, blue sk and 3 oil spots have come back to haunt me, I just hope the rumour that this problem goes away after 3k clicks is true.

Pabs,
I had a similar problem with my D800 upon arrival. I had spots identical to yours (minus the little hair thing - I don't know what that is), but mine were clustered in the upper left. I took the plunge and cleaned the sensor. It was not difficult. It took a couple tries, but i came out with a perfectly clean sensor. Here's the thread where I talked about it: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...oducts/306019-i-cleaned-my-d800-s-sensor.html

Edit: I just saw that you solved the problem. Disregard.

Nope, cleaned the sensor but oil has appeared again :( I will read your thread, thanks Heitz.

Nope, cleaned the sensor but oil has appeared again :( I will read your thread, thanks Heitz.

Wait hold on. Are you certain that oil has *reappeared* after being totally absent following your cleaning? If that's true, you might want to have it serviced; that shouldn't be happening. An interesting test you might do (and include us on) is to post a picture of the spots now, then re-clean, post picture, then use the camera for a day and post again. I'd like to see if the spots are really re-appearing.

Ok I'll take some pics and post one here as soon as I can.

$sensor-oil-d600.jpg$clean.jpg

OK just went outside and took 200 shots of the sky at f22, the other image was taken yesterday after cleaning, seems the camera is braking apart....BTW I am using a 24mm prime lens, so this is not dust from a zoom.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back