Nikon D700 or D7000

It's not about which camera is a better one. Obviously the D700 is better of the two. It's about which camera suits you better.

The D700 is full frame, which means the lens choices will be more expensive in general. However, you can always look into older lens in the used market. Most of my lens are used and mostly great lens!
The D700 takes great photos, but that's with time spent on post processing. If you are not going to learn about post processing to make full use of the dynamic range that the sensor is giving you, you may as well just use a point and shoot.

The D7000 has video and the 700 doesn't. I find this disappointing (I have the D700) since I would like video function. It depends on whether you want video or not.

On another note, not saying that you should wait, but if good money is going to be spent, it should be well spent. There are the D400 and D600 on the horizon, both speculated to be under the $2100 price point I believe. Consider it!

I have both.

In my experiences, the D700 images are vastly superior when shot under the same conditions. Cleaner images, better FoV, much better viewfinder, I could go on.

The D7000 is a consumer camera. The D700 is an entry-level pro camera. That should be the basis for your decision.

That. And i HAD both, i sold the D7000

Most reactions

New Topics

Back