What's new

Nikon D7000 Zoom Lens Question...new to Photo Forum

nancyb

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Cape Cod
I am just purchased a Nikon D7000 and would like to purchase a zoom lens. The zoom would be used a lot to photograph schooners and other boats at regattas. I have the lens that came w/the D7000 and want to avoid switching the lens especially when I am on the water. Would I look for one with the VR feature? Would this lens work--AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Zoom Lens. I am not a professional, just enjoy photography. Also, when I see lens for sale, some say USA and some Imported. Is it okay to get the lower priced one...imported? Do you think this lens would have enough zoom for me? I would like to spend about $600 or $700 for the lens. Thanks.
 
For $700 you may be able to find an 80-200 2.8 if you look hard enough on Craigslist and eGay. It's a pretty amazing lens!
 
Nikon 70-300Vr is a great lens for the money.
 
You want wide shots and telephoto shots, you don't want to change lenses, and VR could help on a moving boat. Personally, I would go with the 70-300 VR or an 80-200 2.8, but it sounds like the 18-200 was pretty much built for what you want it to do. It just doesn't do it well enough for me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom