Nikon D700x

Soda Ant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now that the D3x is out, has anyone heard any rumors that Nikon is planning on putting the D3x sensor into the D700 body and coming up with something like a D700x?

The D700 is less than a year old, I would think that it will not happen for at least a year if at all.

Nikon will try to sell all the stock they can at the ridiculous price tag, finally lower the price, and then introduce a D700x once they have yet a newer sensor for the next iteration of the D3.

I don't see a market for it. The D3x is rather the specialty product whereas the D3 was something that made photographers of all kinds wet themselves. I doubt a D700x would sell, and if it did the D3x wouldn't

I agree, I don't think it's going to happen. Garbz is right, it would completely overshadow the D3x, moreso then the 700 already almost did the D3.

The only reason they might do something like this is to own the shelf. Manufacturers in highly competitive markets will create multiple versions of a nearly identical product so that a buyer at a BigBox retailer walks up to the shelf and sees one manufacturer owning it. Sony perfected this strategy with a number of their products, and are doing the same thing now in the camera segment. Canon and Nikon may follow suit.

I HOPE they do something like the D700x, I've been watching the price drop steadily on the D700 since it's introduction, and am hoping it'll eventually hit the $1500 point;

To enjoy the FF world, I bought a film camera, but there is something to just being able to see what you shot immediately and taking the shot again - the D700 is on my '09 Xmas list, haha!

613354098.gif

I been hearing rumors that this is coming... several sites say an announcement is coming in december

-Puma-

I've been watching the price drop steadily on the D700 since it's introduction, and am hoping it'll eventually hit the $1500 point;
It will definately get to $1500 eventually. Just don't plan on buying a new one for that price. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back