nikon d80 help

jtgonzag

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so i upgraded from a d60 to d80 recently. everything works except i cant seem to change the fstops. whenever i try to shoot in aperture mode, its stuck on f/7.1. but when i shoot on s or p mode, the aperture changes when i change the shutter speed. i can manually adjust the shutter speeds but not the f/stop. i've even tried on a bunch of different lenses and its still stuck on 7.1. do i need to take it to a repair shop or has any had a similiar problem? it sucks not being able to change f-stops. =/

If you didn't get a users manual with the camera you can download it here:

User's Manual - D80 - Guide to Digital Photography

If you did get a users manual reading it will save you a lot of grief.

Your D60 only had one command wheel there on the back of the camera and you changed the aperture by holding down a button while you spun that wheel.

The D80 has 2 command wheels and the second one is on the front of the camera under the shutter button. That front wheel is what you use to adjust the lens aperture.

Hang 10!

wow. now i feel kinda dumb. lol, yeah sorry i did just upgrade to a semi-pro camera. thanks again!

Don't feel bad..I just bought a D80 a couple of weeks ago and am just now feeling like I have somewhat of a clue on how to work it! +1 on the manual though.

Most reactions

Back