Nikon D810 vs. Fujifilm X100T, can you tell which set of photos (of cat) are from which camera?

James, you did not play by the rules :) I mentioned already: do not look at metadata. :alien:

Rules are meant to be broken...

What can I say, you do not s
JacaRanda said:

For sure.

Three other people all guessed right, does that tell something?
Yes, tells me they knew, or looked at exif, or cared. What did it tell you?

It tells me somebody is interested or cared.

JacaRanda said:

For sure.

Three other people all guessed right, does that tell something?
Yes, tells me they knew, or looked at exif, or cared. What did it tell you?

I have both FUJI and Nikon cameras, albeit different models, and the first set had typical, familiar FUJI colours with this warm red-ish accent. In my limited experience Nikon had a propensity to go into green, so it was pretty obvious to me really.

For the record, I wouldnt have had a clue either.

Dont really like the colors in either picture set. The first set also is a bit off in the colors.

Also a lot of these pictures arent really sharp. Even at reduced sizes.

If it were between two dslrs, I would have no clue, but I know the Fuji has a different kind of sensor and a different look, so I'll give it a shot. First set is Fuji, based mostly on how the white areas look.

You are definitely right!

I do not know much difference between other DSLRs. But I noticed the feeling of the photos from two cameras is different. I think I prefer the second set (D810), which I think benefit from higher pixels and bigger sensor (which caused shallow depth of field)

My boyfriend had a Pentax K5 and then got a Fuji X-something (one with interchangeable lenses). He did a few comparisons by taking the same picture at the same time with the two cameras and we looked at them side by side. As good as the Pentax images are (and I believe they use the same Sony sensors as Nikon?), the Fuji images were better. Even with the same depth of field, the Fuji images seemed like they had more dimension to them, and the tonal range in the highlights and shadows were better.

I have no idea how the Pentax would compare to the D810 because I know exactly zero about the D810, so maybe those images you posted would also look better next to the K5, but they still look different from the Fuji images for the same reasons.

(He sold the Pentax, btw. And whenever I decide to get a "real" digital camera instead of the dinky p&s I have for messing around, I plan on buying Fuji.)

The D810 was the DxOMark king for a year or so, until the Sony A7r2 (with a backlit sensor) came along.

Camera Database | DxOMark

Its very likely though that once Nikon gets their hands on the A7r2 sensor (half a year delay), they'll easily retake the crown. Nikon doing better with Sony sensors than Sony themselves is common.

Pretty cat. Not exactly a controlled experiment and you left the EXIF in the images, so it's fair game.

The D810 was the DxOMark king for a year or so, until the Sony A7r2 (with a backlit sensor) came along.

The King of Green Cats :icon_king:
I found the DxOMark lab measurements have very liittle if anything at all with my photography.

Why is there a green a gang tattoo on its back

Most reactions

Back