Nikon D850 advice needed (wife approval imminent!!!!)

Spend at least 20 minutes a day photographing the kids...it's the best way to get great candids.

Spend at least 20 minutes a day photographing the kids...it's the best way to get great candids.

Will do, a fair suggestion.

The camera arrived yesterday actually (I’ll spare you guys the monologue since I know you familiar with the feeling of getting awesome hardware in the mail). And the Nikon 14-24 is perfect for getting close into groups of kids. Just awesome photos so far with this dream machine.

So good suggestion, thank you sir

I will never forget the day when I got my first Nikon FF and good glass. It was like putting on my glasses; the world became sharp and clear.

Gay ga zinta hate. (phonetic). Yiddish for 'go in good health' but sort of means ' go for it' or 'knock yourself out'

Congrats on the D850, it's a great all around camera that can do a bit of everything for a reasonable price, you'll enjoy it! I should add, you'll need top quality glass to get the best out of this body...

Oh my, the baby has more hair than all of them :allteeth: Congrats on the camera =]

There's also the option of buying the reconditioned glass from Amazon, B&H, or any other reputable source. There's quite a bit of money to be saved by going that direction.

Late reply, hope you got that fine camera. Now, as far as an aftermarket piece of glass: IMHO the best deserves the best. Would you handcuff one hand of a star quarterback and expect super star performance? Best deserves best.

Take photos of whatever she likes. Flowers, dolls, grandchildren, those are the things my wife likes, so I am sure to spend some time making photos of those subjects and give them to her on email so she can forward them to her sisters.

That is very good advice, and I must say, very sweet. Your wife sounds like a very lucky lady. Furthermore, I will take that advice. Her favorite subject is a no-brainer: the kids. Five total, all 5 yrs and younger. Adorable, every one. Like a litter of puppies. Henry is the oldest, and that poor guy has 4 younger sisters

View attachment 192253
Beautiful children! You'll like that 24-120, mega congrats on all counts.

Most reactions

Back