Nikon D850...............Who's gonna get one ?

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The D850 has (as everybody know already) been officially announced.
The specs look amazing, so my simple question is...............

Who's planning on getting it ?

Oh and BTW mine is on pre-order already ;)

I pre-ordered her on Nikons 100th birthday, so I am the first in line in Germany, apart from review samples

I'm waiting for someone, anyone, to Gift one to me ....

I've hit my limit for this year.
Aiming for one middle next year.

Love: Wifi, better focusing for video, better high ISO, larger viewfinder,
like: no more damn popup flash, more pixels
hate: XQD

The D850 has (as everybody know already) been officially announced.
The specs look amazing, so my simple question is...............

Who's planning on getting it ?

Oh and BTW mine is on pre-order already ;)
I preordered through nikonusa hoping will not have to wait too long. Did order first thing in the morning first day.

I've hit my limit for this year.
Aiming for one middle next year.

Love: Wifi, better focusing for video, better high ISO, larger viewfinder,
like: no more damn popup flash, more pixels
hate: XQD

I'm hoping to have one by the end of this year, if all goes as well.

I agree with your likes.

As far as XQD: I'm nervous about only one company making them now, and praying that other companies jump in on them. But as far as performance... they blow SD or CF out of the water. The difference in my D500 between the XQD slot and the SD slot is quite noticeable. The transfer speed between the card and my computers is also significantly faster. Well worth the price and change of cards, IMO.

Love XQD since I tried them on the D500. Do not need the SD cards, did never like the CF, but I have tons of all three types. I am happy to get rid of one format when I sell my D3.

The SD will stay with my D500, D850, D600, X100T but I never felt they were reliable. Not even the expensive ones.

I really love my collection of XQDs: 2*32 , 2*64 , 2*128 ... 440MB/s is very good for responsive performance

If anyone wants to start a GoFundMe, I'll be happy to get a D850.

But I'm also quite content with my D610, it's a great camera and I'd rather build the lens selection I want and need first before I put money into another body right now. Glass is important right?

If anyone wants to start a GoFundMe, I'll be happy to get a D850.

But I'm also quite content with my D610, it's a great camera and I'd rather build the lens selection I want and need first before I put money into another body right now. Glass is important right?

That is true. I replace my D3 and D600 with the new camera. Both were best cameras at the time of purchase and the D600 is still a phantastic camera only to be surpassed by the D850. The D500 stays as my second body.

I just ordered mine but it was something I was waiting for. I sold my D4 and bought a D750 thinking I would not miss my pro camera. Well I did not miss the weight loss, but I did miss the pro layout and the overall difference in quality. I am hoping the D850 will fill the void. Specs look great!

I just ordered mine but it was something I was waiting for. I sold my D4 and bought a D750 thinking I would not miss my pro camera. Well I did not miss the weight loss, but I did miss the pro layout and the overall difference in quality. I am hoping the D850 will fill the void. Specs look great!
I am pretty sure the D850 will prove to be an amazing camera, I am planning to keep my D750 with the D850, these two cameras will be my wedding duo.....................gonna be fun :)

Does the D850 take "professional" pictures? :allteeth:

Same thinking here although I did not sell the D3 when it was still worth a significant amount. So she will go for 800, the D600 will go for 800 too and the 1.4/24 will go for 1450. Together 3000€ and I pay 3800€ so the upgrade is 800€

Does the D850 take "professional" pictures? :allteeth:

No camera takes pictures. A good professional can take professional pictures with every camera, even point and shoot...

Most reactions

Back