Nikon D850...............Who's gonna get one ?

Going to have to find some stacking software. I read up on the cameras auto stacking. The setting choices is 1 to 10. Each setting is multiplied by the lens focal length divided by 30. So using setting 1, a 105mm macro would be 105 / 30, x 1. So 3.5mm change.

I'm wondering what the lead time is going to be on release date. I wonder how long it will take for everyone to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I'm wondering the same. I won't have the money to order one until mid September, maybe early October. I have a good feeling I'm gonna wait a while for mine once I put my order in.

I'm wondering what the lead time is going to be on release date. I wonder how long it will take for everyone to get it.

I'm wondering the same. I won't have the money to order one until mid September, maybe early October. I have a good feeling I'm gonna wait a while for mine once I put my order in.

I'm hoping to order next week. I go on vacation sept 21st and then get married oct 9th. Hoping to have it by then. My wedding is at the Grand Canyon so I would be looking forward to using it there

I'm hoping to order next week. I go on vacation sept 21st and then get married oct 9th. Hoping to have it by then. My wedding is at the Grand Canyon so I would be looking forward to using it there

You put a D850 on you wedding registry? :aiwebs_016::allteeth:

I'm getting closer D750 sold this morning and the 18-35 is pending payment.. One more camera to sell and the D850 is looking pretty doable..

Man this camera looks great. 46MP images at 9fps sure make it super tech-intensive, but I love the option to drop to 25.6MP. That, combined with the broader AF-point coverage and the new sensor (which may be near D5 levels of ISO performance, yet to be seen of course) really make this thing awesome from an action perspective. Nikon really went for it on this one, and hopefully it doesn't have issues so that they can make some coin on this, and well deserved at that. Wallet won't let me upgrade, since I'd also have to upgrade a couple lenses, but I'll be dreaming about it.

Does the D850 take "professional" pictures? :allteeth:

No camera takes pictures. A good professional can take professional pictures with every camera, even point and shoot...

Hard to convince a client to pay you if you show up with a point and shoot.

Does the D850 take "professional" pictures? :allteeth:

No camera takes pictures. A good professional can take professional pictures with every camera, even point and shoot...

Hard to convince a client to pay you if you show up with a point and shoot.
You are not supposed to convince a client to pay showing him the camera, but by showing him your portfolio and the results. That is the only thing which matters.
If you can achieve great results with P&S, what does it matter?

Also, if you show up, there's a good chance your client already saw your portfolio prior the shoot. If I want to present my work personally, I take my portfolio with me, not the camera. Clients usually don't care what you use, as long as you can give them the desired result.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back