Nikon D90 Mirror stucks.

christos2022

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While i was taking some photos with my D90 (about 60 in few minutes) the mirror stuck and the "Err" message appeared. after a while the message disappeared and the mirror unstuck.
I tried to take a photo but always the mirror stuck again. I removed the battery several times, i removed the lens but the problem does not solve. Always after few minutes the mirror unstuck but when I tried to take a photo the mirror stuck.
I noticed that with the lens removed and at the "M" mode the mirror works properly.
Can any body had the same problem? Any suggestions?

While i was taking some photos with my D90 (about 60 in few minutes) the mirror stuck and the "Err" message appeared. after a while the message disappeared and the mirror unstuck.
I tried to take a photo but always the mirror stuck again. I removed the battery several times, i removed the lens but the problem does not solve. Always after few minutes the mirror unstuck but when I tried to take a photo the mirror stuck.
I noticed that with the lens removed and at the "M" mode the mirror works properly.
Can any body had the same problem? Any suggestions?
There should be a list of error messages in the user's manual.

This sounds more like a mechanical issue rather than an electronics issue to me.
I suspect the only way to resolve the problem is have the camera serviced.
I had a D90 way back when and loved mine.
Good luck.

Never experienced that, but it is odd that it works on M mode and not any other. Sounds like a mechanical issue.

Out of curiosity, is you Firmware up to date ?

There should be a list of error messages in the user's manual.
many thanks. In the manual is writen: consult Nikon-authorized service representative.!

Never experienced that, but it is odd that it works on M mode and not any other. Sounds like a mechanical issue.

Out of curiosity, is you Firmware up to date ?
No, I did not. How can I update it?

many thanks. In the manual is written: consult Nikon-authorized service representative.!
That means Nikon doesn't think it's user repairable. They go for $100 or less - hardly worth repairing.

Most reactions

Back