What's new

Nikon D90 or D300

Is this a good deal for a d300? 34,586 actuations, asking $850 or best offer. He also said he would throw in a 18-55mm kit for another 100.
 
What is the condition of the camera? It's not just about shutter count. The condition of the outside of the camera indicates how it was cared for.

Does the deal include the original box, the Nikon charger, cables, body cap. How much life is left in the battery? Is it a Nikon battery? Are all the covers still there like the battery grip connector cover on the bottom of the camera and the 10-pin and PC sync covers on the front of the camera, blah, blah, blah.
 
Yep good price if no dings,marring,peeling,etc... shutter count reflects price and not a a bit concern for me until it gets above 50k.

Counter offer $900 if needing the kit lens with it. Knock off $50 of offer for any peeling of coverings as it will cost to have those replaced something like $30. Check for any cracking around battery and other door openings for wear and tear.
.
 
"I'm a professional photographer who for the past couple of years have relied upon the quality, durability, and consistency that the Nikon D300 provides. I used this camera primarily as my backup camera"

Says it's a good to go for me. As was owned by pro and used as a backup cam. Wouldn't have any qualms. As would prefer to buy used from knowledgeable pro.
.
 
I've used the D300, D300s and the D7000 and I think that unless you are going to get a grip for the D300/s then you should go with the D7000. It's really great, will take the same media (SD cards) as you currently have and will last you a very long time considering it's the newest of the set. Like mentioned, the D300s does have better ISO and button configuration than the D300 but the D7000 has better ISO then both. Not to mention just for the heck of it has way better video. You never know... ;)
 
Well I will be picking the D300 this week next will be a grip for it the only thing that kinda bugs me is no as card but it's not a deal breaker for such a great camera I'll be able to do soo much more then the d60 I had
 
I don't think the learning curve is all that bad really, in fact it's kind of a treat. I can't imagine having 3 focus points anymore.

If anything, it should be easier to use - enjoy!
 
I really excited about this the D60 was a fun camera but I wanted more from it and can't wait to post pics and get everyone feedback and tips. And i will not be shy to share pics anymore
 
"And i will not be shy to share pics anymore"

You do know it's not the cam but the photographer that makes the pic?
As many of my most favorite images from others where done with a D40.
Have shot D40 thru D90 and D200 and found good images are good images no matter the cam.
.
 
This is true I took a lot pics that I liked and thought were great in IMO but got put because obese told I didn't follow the rules of focus but I'll post some pics up when I can
 
D300(s) is a stellar camera. You can't go wrong with it. The new D7000 is a piece of work too. One of these would be better than the D90.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom