What's new

Nikon D90 questions

NikonD90

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Rockwood, TN
I have a Nikon D90, and I am kind of worried about it. When I am taking a photo, and the camera is focusing and I am looking through the viewfinder, I can see the camera shift from left to right. It has not done this before. When I say the camera shifts, I mean the screen I am seeing while looking in the viewfinder. It does not make the photo blurry, it just worries me that something may be wrong. Also, when I am zooming in on something, and I get to around 70mm, going to 105mm, there is some tension in the turning of the lense. Is this normal, any problem? I do not have to force it or anything like that, it is just not as smooth turning as the smaller mm sizes. I did not notice this before, but it may have always been like that. Am I just a worry wart, or are these problems? I am more concerned about the shifting of what I am seeing when it focuses...Any help or insight is so appreciated.

Thank you
 
what lens are you shooting with and does it have VR?
 
It is a AF-S Nikkor 18-105MM lens, with vibration reduction...

That "bouncing" you're seeing is the VR lol. It's completely normal when you have the Vibration Reduction setting on. Don't worry, your camera isn't broken.
 
Well, I feel kind of stupid now. Thank you for setting me at ease on it. I am absolutely new to this type of camera, and I am learning very slowly. I appreciate your time in reading and responding. :-P
 
It is a AF-S Nikkor 18-105MM lens, with vibration reduction...

That "bouncing" you're seeing is the VR lol. It's completely normal when you have the Vibration Reduction setting on. Don't worry, your camera isn't broken.

haha yup my thoughts exactly. its the VR :thumbup:
 
Well, I feel kind of stupid now. Thank you for setting me at ease on it. I am absolutely new to this type of camera, and I am learning very slowly. I appreciate your time in reading and responding. :-P
Nah pal, don't feel stupid. That's why I have VR off. I hate when $H*T moves w/o my wanting it too :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom