Nikon filling the gaps?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it seems like Nikon has filed patents for both a 18 and 20mm F/1.8.

Nikon patent for 18mm f/1.8, 20mm f/1.8 FX lenses | Nikon Rumors

Now, I know alot of lenses are patented and never come about. But, it would seem like these are two lenses (or even one of the two) that would be announced shortly. I mean, they've got an incredibly high resolution camera coming out in a month 1/3 based on landscape photographers, 1/3 based on videographers, and 1/3 on everything else. It would only make sense to come out with these lenses to suit 2/3 of the population. A camera like this yearns for high-quality primes.

This would also basically complete their line of F/1.8G primes: 18, 20, (35DX), 50, and 85. I can't see them going much higher than this with their F/1.8G line, and remaining at the great prices they are coming out with. But, who knows.

Anyhow, just thought you might be interested. What would you project price tag to be, knowing the prices of the 85/1.8G and 50/1.8G?

Mark

Sounds a little too good. I could see a near $2000 price tag, just because the 14 mm f/2.8 is about $1500 and these lenses aren't too far away in focal length and a good amount faster

True, they're not too far off, but when you're this wide, those few mms make all the difference. Not that I know any different about the pricing, though. Ex: 20/2.8= $650. 24/2.8= $300.

If these prices reflect anywhere near the 18mm..hmm...

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back