Nikon fm2

Snakebite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Thinking of picking one of these up. Any info or input sure would be appreciated Kathy

Both the FM and the FM2 are legendary film cameras. I'd be sure that the light seals are in good shape. Other than than- I say go for it!

What r light seals?

The foam-like material that seals light out of the rear of the camera when you close it. It will be a thin strip along the edge of the back or on the body itself.

FM2 is one of the best manual focus 35mm SLRs ever.

Foam seal kits are available from various interweb vendors and there are even a few youboob's showing you how to do it should you decide to take on the challenge.

Don’t forget the FE/FE2. Same form factor with an aperture priority option. Same bomb-proof build quality. The only failure-prone light seal is at the door hinge, which is also the easiest to change. Inexpensive thin adhesive-backed sheet foam from a craft store works as well as the over-priced “kits” for this application.

Don’t forget the FE/FE2. Same form factor with an aperture priority option. Same bomb-proof build quality. The only failure-prone light seal is at the door hinge, which is also the easiest to change. Inexpensive thin adhesive-backed sheet foam from a craft store works as well as the over-priced “kits” for this application.
Exactly where mine gave out- at the hinge.

A not so great photo of a great camera.

DSC_2954.JPG

I own the FM2, FE, and FE2. Please don't make me choose between them. All great cameras!

... and so is the FM and the EL-series Nikkormats that preceded them.

Kept all my Nikon Film camera when I retired (F1, NikkorMat FTN, FM, FM2, F3, FA) plus the lens, not worth a lot, but has great sentimental value. Sold the Blad. Now gone to digital purely for fun (D850) but all the older Nikons built like tanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back