What's new

Nikon lens help

WHAT'S VR? :lmao:
But seriously, It isn't something I use - don't like the movements in the lens :)
 
Soon you will be hand holding 2 seconds at 400mm :lmao:
TJ

WITH VR it appears 1/10 @ 200mm is quite possible handheld. For things like panning at the tracks though being able to handhold at 1/30 is pretty key. Though 2seconds with anything would be tough. I don't think I can hold my breath for that long lol.
 
VR is a must have for a telephoto zoom. Yes, you can still get sharp pictures w/o VR some of the times. But with VR you are increasing your odds 3-4 stops
 
VR is a must have for a telephoto zoom. Yes, you can still get sharp pictures w/o VR some of the times. But with VR you are increasing your odds 3-4 stops

I don't really agree with that. VR can save a shot that you were otherwise unable to get without it... but 99% of the time it's just not needed. In my opinion you always lose a significant amount of sharpness by using VR.
 
so I suppose VR and IS are just gimmicks invented by camera companies? yet people are dumb enough to waste their money buying them. oops even you bought a 70-200mm 2.8 VR? wow
 
so I suppose VR and IS are just gimmicks invented by camera companies? yet people are dumb enough to waste their money buying them. oops even you bought a 70-200mm 2.8 VR? wow

Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. :er:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom