nikon lenses

photogincollege

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know both of them are excellent lenses I have personally used the longer one and know it is an excellent lens. One thing you should be aware of your link on the 35-70 was for the imported model you need to make sure you get the USA model http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/36956-USA/Nikon_1963_Zoom_Wide_Angle_Telephoto_AF.html or risk getting the non USA warranty. I know Big Mike has posted an excellent link in the past explaining the reasons not to buy "gery market" cameras.

IMHO the 35-70 is the better one simply becuase it is a fixed aperture, 2.8 all the way through. Also the other one is more expensive and not in stock... that kinda makes it a moot question. lol!

yeah i didnt really mean that exact link is the one im getting so the out of stock doesnt really matter, just comparing the lenses and those were the first lenses that i saw that i liked, but thanks jip and jerry, ill make sure to get only usa and yeah i kinda like the fixed aperture to.

The 35-70 is optically incredible, but a pain in the ass to use in macro mode and the push pull is clunky. I used to have one and got rid of it, and my 18-35 for the 17-55 f/2.8. The 24-85 AF-S is worlds better than the AF-D one you linked.

I know both of them are excellent lenses I have personally used the longer one and know it is an excellent lens. One thing you should be aware of your link on the 35-70 was for the imported model you need to make sure you get the USA model http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/36956-USA/Nikon_1963_Zoom_Wide_Angle_Telephoto_AF.html or risk getting the non USA warranty. I know Big Mike has posted an excellent link in the past explaining the reasons not to buy "gery market" cameras.

Hear him.

For $20 you get a 5 year Nikon warranty as opposed to a 1 year B&H warranty.

That is $20 well spent IMHO.

yeah if i do get that one im definatlu gettin usa, the only reason i linked the import cause thats the only one i saw, if i were actually buying id fine the usa version.

Have the 24-85 2.8-4 lens. Got it a couple weeks ago and impressed so far. Filled a void between the 12-24 (Tokina - heresey!?!) and the 70-200 and gave me macro abilities for my scale models as well.

There's been a guy selling them on eBay from a WA photo store (flipper771) - US with warranty ask for receipt - for less than B&H - around $400. Brand new, in box, fast shipping. He'd sold at least two others before I bought one. I've done OK on eBay so far but check histories and be suspicious. A history of photographic sales is good if the feedback is good. An expensive item with no previous photo sales raises alarms.

I was specifically looking for THIS version, NOT the AF-S f3.5-4.5 G version.

I've found that buying used can be quite cost effective as well - check local photo shops and classifieds. Craig's list seems to be a popular venue but I've never bought that way.

Just got a GREAT deal at B&H on a used lens I probably wouldn't have bought new ($$$) but was in the store and checked it out in person. Have also bought used at Adorama. No experience with KEH - they and Adorama also use eBay.

ok they r decent. i went thru tht site...found interesting ...

r u photographer..u looks like that a very good phtographer...anyways keep going..

thanks man for giving me this wonderful opinion.whats the problem with macromode?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back