nikon lenses

jarhead2042

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
recently got into the dslr's and i picked up a d3000 with the 18-55mm lens, which is ok but im gettin bored and wanting to do some other types of pictures, my question is, are nikon dslr lenses interchangeable?...like will a d40 lens, swap to a d3000, or a d90 stuff like that, or would u need a adapter to make them fit to the different bodys

well hopefully im getting to the this one first.
Any Nikon lens with the autofocus built in (almost all of current production lenses) and any sigma/tamron/tokina etc built for nikon will work, so long as it is a newer one.
What you have on the d3000, just like all other current production and much older production nikons is called the Nikon F-Mount. all lenses Nikon has made for YEARS will attach to you camera and it will shoot. What you have to watch out for is whether or not the lens has the autofocus motor built in. Most newer ones do (in fact i believe there are somewhere around 26 lenses nikon makes/made that will fit the d3000)

putting on a lens from a d40 wont do you any good, cause its practically the same lens you have. What kind of pictures are you trying to take?
Id recommend looking at a bigger zoom, or better yet, a 50mm 1.8 or 35mm 1.8 lens.

thanks for the reply man it was very helpful

im searchin around for a couple different lenses, i wanna be able to take the nice close macro shots with nice detail...and i go to alot of race tracks and want one with good zoom. nothing nuts but something i can get really good pictuers with

About 98% of all Nikon lenses ever made will work on any Nikon DSLR. Some won't auto focus or meter on your D3000 however.

cool thanks, my dad has a older nikon lens from the mid 90s he used to use to take wedding pictures with...might have to get it out and look at it, of course it doenst have autofocus, but if it mounts on i ll mess around with it

thanks for the reply man it was very helpful

im searchin around for a couple different lenses, i wanna be able to take the nice close macro shots with nice detail...and i go to alot of race tracks and want one with good zoom. nothing nuts but something i can get really good pictuers with
Are you looking for recomendations? Or just working on polishing up your typing skills.

You can look at all the lenses Nikon current offers here: Nikon Camera Lenses

was just trying to make sure of a few things before i dumped cash into anything

Most reactions

Back