Nikon Macro Ring Flash

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks,

Been a bit busy, and it was winter. Not much to shoot. Birds are returning and my buddy did buy that Sigma 150-600 mm C. Works great. So he's bugging me to get out. Pics to come.

Anyhow.... I FINALLY found a Nikon macro lens for a price I could live with. Long story but, ended up with a Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC USD lens. I'm looking for a ring light. Tried the cheaper versions like Neewer and Meike for the Canon system. Wasn't impressed. Broke down and bought the MR-14EX. Awesome setup. Now looking for a Nikon compatible setup.

Anyone have experience with the Nikon SB-29? Good, bad? Looked at Godox but, which one? Driving myself nuts.

I use the Yongnuo YN24EX E-TTL on my Canon fit Macro lenses. It's every bit as good as the Canon equivalent at about a fifth of the price.

Hmmmmmmm, just had a quick look. Not so sure if they do a Nikon fit one tho. Not any popping up on eBay UK that I see.🤨

The SB-29 and SB29s I'm pretty sure can only be used in manual mode on Nikon DSLR'S, I'd looked into buying one a few years ago, I got in touch with Nikon and that's what they told me, I ended up buying a Nissin MF-18, worked flawlessly on my D70,D90 and D7000, I need to get the firmware updated so it will work with my Z cameras, it's always given me superb results using the TTL function.

Hmmmmmmm, just had a quick look. Not so sure if they do a Nikon fit one tho. Not any popping up on eBay UK that I see.🤨

Yeah, I don't see any either. Godox makes one like it for Nikon. Thanks.

The SB-29 and SB29s I'm pretty sure can only be used in manual mode on Nikon DSLR'S, I'd looked into buying one a few years ago, I got in touch with Nikon and that's what they told me, I ended up buying a Nissin MF-18, worked flawlessly on my D70,D90 and D7000, I need to get the firmware updated so it will work with my Z cameras, it's always given me superb results using the TTL function.

Thanks, I'll skip the SB-29. Only found one MF-18 on ebay for Nikon. More than I paid for the lens. Hmm. Not in hurry. I'll keep digging.

Hey folks,

Been a bit busy, and it was winter. Not much to shoot. Birds are returning and my buddy did buy that Sigma 150-600 mm C. Works great. So he's bugging me to get out. Pics to come.

Anyhow.... I FINALLY found a Nikon macro lens for a price I could live with. Long story but, ended up with a Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC USD lens. I'm looking for a ring light. Tried the cheaper versions like Neewer and Meike for the Canon system. Wasn't impressed. Broke down and bought the MR-14EX. Awesome setup. Now looking for a Nikon compatible setup.

Anyone have experience with the Nikon SB-29? Good, bad? Looked at Godox but, which one? Driving myself nuts.
Godox just introduced a ring flash for under $300, the R200 to be used with their AD200 and AD200 Pro.
R200-Product-GODOX Photo Equipment Co.,Ltd.
Godox Ring Flash Head for AD200 and AD200Pro Pocket Flashes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back