Nikon ? or Canon? no clue...

what kind of camera are you using ?

jamesbjenkins said:
OP, the only way for you to make an informed decision is to go to a camera store if at all possible (the big box store employees are worthless when it comes to DSLRs) and play with the models you're considering.

The internet and the opinions stated aren't going to help you if you don't have personal experience with the bodies to draw from.

I agree with this comment.

You have to go and see what feels right for you. What are you going to he comfortable shooting with. You will get quality out of any of the camera bodies you mentioned before. All you will need to do is learn how to utilize it best. I have a canon 7D and there is still tons I don't know about it.

Go play around at a best buy with cameras or an actual camera shop if there is one near you. That's the only way really to learn what you actually want and need.

Thanks everyone for the input, ill be going to best buy tomorrow or a local camera shop if i can find one near me.I think im gonna play around with the cameras im interested in a bit more and see where that takes me. . hopefully I can find a local camera shop.

Yep Nikon or Canon is a Personal Use View Its What suits you best you will be happy whatever you buy its which you prefer. Personally.

Well guys no more searching for me , I went to best buy And found the one for me ...I'm now the proud owner of a d5100 !

For Nikon, I would go with a used D90 before a D5100 or D3200 if you want to get serious with photography later. I wont bore you with the advantages of the D90...you can look it up if you want, but its a bunch. the built in focus motor alone is worth its weight in gold letting you AF older lenses.

Congrats on your buy. But be warned, the D5100 can be outgrown very quickly. I had mine for less than a year before I was ready to upgrade.

Well I have 30 days to take it back I believe , but hopefully this one will be enough for me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back