Nikon Picked 32 Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong, and you are clearly unable to appreciate it. I would hardly expect you to agree with my comments; they chip away at your comfortable narrative.

This is a prime example of the PC/equality police just wanting to stir the pot and make a big deal out of soemthing that is essentially a non-issue.

Whoops, there it is! Another piece of BS to hide behind. There's no shortage of platitudes like this to make you feel better. ;)

You're wrong, and you are clearly unable to appreciate it. I would hardly expect you to agree with my comments; they chip away at your comfortable narrative.

This is a prime example of the PC/equality police just wanting to stir the pot and make a big deal out of soemthing that is essentially a non-issue.

Whoops, there it is! Another piece of BS to hide behind. There's no shortage of platitudes like this to make you feel better. ;)

That's your *opinion* and I've shared my own. We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

But we are both sharing nothing but opinions based on anecdote, as there is no way of truly quantifying this with hard data.

But telling me that females aren't equal to males in modern western society is laughable. Seriously.

If this were true, there would not be inequities in pay (women earn 20% less in the same job) and in representation (current Congress is 19.4% female).

Sorry to spoil your party with hard data.

But telling me that females aren't equal to males in modern western society is laughable. Seriously.

If this were true, there would not be inequities in pay (women earn 20% less in the same job) and in representation (current Congress is 19.4% female).

How many females vs males run for those congressional seats though? Probably significantly less than men as well. If it was 50-50 in the races and then 80/20 in the end it would be unfair. If it's 80/20 in the races and 80/20 in the end then that's equal. Regardless, those spots are chosen by public opinion.. aka peoples' beliefs. People's beliefs can be skewed however they so choose, but that doesn't mean that there are *legal* inequalities that actually hold women back. Can a company refuse to hire someone because they're female? Sure. But that female will sue and win. Because there are already laws in place to protect equality.

Maybe in some places women earn less than men. I can tell you that at every company I've ever worked for the pay scale is the same regardless of gender.

While we're on the topic of sexism and bias.. there is a local college program I applied to that accepts 83% females and 17% males despite a nearly even rate of applications. So there are certainly places where women have the upper hand as well, it goes both ways. But did I call a reporter and cry about it? Nope. Pulled up my bootstraps and continued applying to other schools.

Clearly they picked all Men because they wanted to keep everything secret! :aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016:

:bouncingsmileys:

I'll be leaving now. :barbershop_quartet_member:

He might have chosen to write: "Not disallowed in the U.S." as women are in Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.

Besides; I'm wondering why this thread hasn't been locked yet.

He might have chosen to write: "Not disallowed in the U.S." as women are in Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, etc.

Besides; I'm wondering why this thread hasn't been locked yet.

He might have chosen to write that, but he didn't. That in itself is telling about our culture in many ways.

What would be the reason for locking the thread? There is nothing wrong with debating and having different opinions - it's how we all evolve. As long as personal attacks are not made and the discussion stays non political...despite the efforts of some people to make it about politics, is disregarding half the population really a political issue? I see it more as a cultural issue.

How many females vs males run for those congressional seats though? Probably significantly less than men as well. If it was 50-50 in the races and then 80/20 in the end it would be unfair. If it's 80/20 in the races and 80/20 in the end then that's equal. Regardless, those spots are chosen by public opinion.. aka peoples' beliefs. People's beliefs can be skewed however they so choose, but that doesn't mean that there are *legal* inequalities that actually hold women back. Can a company refuse to hire someone because they're female? Sure. But that female will sue and win. Because there are already laws in place to protect equality.

Maybe in some places women earn less than men. I can tell you that at every company I've ever worked for the pay scale is the same regardless of gender.

While we're on the topic of sexism and bias.. there is a local college program I applied to that accepts 83% females and 17% males despite a nearly even rate of applications. So there are certainly places where women have the upper hand as well, it goes both ways. But did I call a reporter and cry about it? Nope. Pulled up my bootstraps and continued applying to other schools.

Aw, bless your heart.

Aw, bless your heart.

Aw, I love how our moderators shut down any thread that has even the slightest hint of politics..

... until one comes along that they themselves feel strongly about. Then they go to making childish remarks in the thread like, "aw, bless your heart."

It's super professional and unbiased *eyeroll*

Aw, bless your heart.

Aw, I love how our moderators shut down any thread that has even the slightest hint of politics..

... until one comes along that they themselves feel strongly about. Then they go to making childish remarks in the thread like, "aw, bless your heart."

Are you upset? Don't be so emotional.

Aw, bless your heart.

Are you upset? Don't be so emotional.

Upset? Not at all. I'm calm as can be editing photos and responding to other threads on here simultaneously.

Do I think the moderation on this forum has been a bit of a laughing stock lately? You betcha.

And it's things like these two last posts from you that make it extremely apparent. You're intentionally trying to bring out emotion on a political thread when your job here is to stop the political threads and emotions from being present.

Again.. I'm just voicing my opinion on this matter. You're the one trying to draw out my emotional side and doing the exact opposite of what for forum rules dictate you should be doing.

That's not what I was doing, but you'll believe what you want to no matter what I say.

Yep, sometimes responding is a waste of time unfortunately.

That's not what I was doing, but you'll believe what you want to no matter what I say.

Ah. And yet the most downward spiraling political thread this forum has seen remains active.

I'm out. I tried civilly agreeing to disagree several posts ago, and apparently nobody else here is adult enough to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back