Nikon/Sigma/Extension Tube Problems

Thompson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Nikon D300 with a Sigma 18-200MM AF lens, both new, but I wanted to get a little closer to my subjects, so I bought a Nikon 12MM extension tube. I got the desired results as far as magnification goes, but now the camera won't adjust the lens' aperture, and all my pictures are completely dark. I don't care about the autofocus, I don't use that much anyway, but any ideas on how to get the aperture working again would be very much appreciated.

As far as I'm aware, the Sigma lenses require the Sigma extension tubes (likewise when trying to use teleconverters)

The Nikon one may just be slightly incompatible with the Sigma lens. Odd, I know, since it's built for the nikon mount and all.. but you may want to research that.

Yeah, there are two types... One type with the electrical contact pass-throughs and one type without. Someone here on TPF recently discussed this. They even knew the proper terms for both. :D

Bifurcator is on to it. I'm guessing that the Sigma lens is like Nikon 'G' lenses - there is no aperture control ring on the lens itself.

There are Kenko auto extension tubes that have the contacts for aperture operation. The Nikon ones don't.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back