Nikon slowing down

kati537

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased a nikon d60 about 4 months ago and when i first got it it had a really fast response time (as soon as i took the pictures they would show up on the lcd and i could veiw them with almost no load time) now it seems the response time is much slower. When i take the pictures it usually takes about 7 seconds for them to show up. When i press the button to veiw my photos an hourglass comes up and most times nothing happens (it just goes back to the normal screen) and i have to press the button again to veiw the photos. Any reason for a slow down in the camera? I've been using the same memory cards. Thanks
Kati

Have you tried new memory cards?
Does this happen in all shooting modes?
What kind of memory card are you using?
Do you shoot Jpeg, or Raw?
Have you tried going into the menu and resetting your "settings" to factory?

I would suspect that you changed a setting. If you have Active D-Lighting turned on, the processing time is substantially longer than if that setting is off.

Call Nikon, and tell them.
Your camera should be covered, call the up 1-800-645-6678

I would suspect that you changed a setting. If you have Active D-Lighting turned on, the processing time is substantially longer than if that setting is off.
+1 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Do you also see "Job nr" in the viewfinder?

The Active D-Lighting indicator is shown as #11 on page 9, and see page 132 of your D60 users manual. Read through pages 69 through 72 to become familiar with image playback features. As far as Noise Reduction "Job nr" check page 108.

How are you displaying them too? A lot of things have an effect on how quickly an image appears on the LCD, so it's not a metric that camera manufacturers use.

If the image is JPEG it'll be faster than if it is RAW.
If you are pulling any information at all from the image it dramatically changes the response time. For instance if you're only displaying the image and the frame number it is fast, if you're showing shutter speed, and aperture with the preview it will need to process the ExIF, If you have blinking highlights or the histogram turned on the camera needs to reprocess the entire saved image before displaying it.

Call Nikon, and tell them.
Your camera should be covered, call the up 1-800-645-6678

Just hope they don't bill you for what is probably user error.

Most reactions

Back