Nikon TC-20E II 2x Teleconverter

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there.

I just bought a 70-200 2.8 VR lens and I was thinkink about buying a Nikon TC-20E II 2x Teleconverter. Did anyone of you used it with that lens? What do I loose using this coverter? I know it's going to be much slower but what about quality?

Thanks
Marek.

Hi there.

I just bought a 70-200 2.8 VR lens and I was thinkink about buying a Nikon TC-20E II 2x Teleconverter. Did anyone of you used it with that lens? What do I loose using this coverter? I know it's going to be much slower but what about quality?

Thanks
Marek.

A close friend in Indianapolis has this combo and thinks the world of it. At up to 11X14 he swears he sees no loss in IQ. He is a very particular and somewhat anal type, so I would say it's a good combo.

I use the 1.7 on occasion with mine and am good with that. I put a 1.7 and the 2x on it at the shop before I made my purchase, took some shots and printed - decided to stick with the 1.7 YMMV and all that...

I had a chance to try it out recently, and put the 1.7X on my list instead.

The results were nice, but it took my F/2.8 lens and made my lens into a F/5.6er. That was a little more light sensitivity than I wanted to sacrifice. The 1.7X brings you up to an F/4 lens. For me, light sensitivity is much more important than that last bit of zoom.

Most reactions

Back