Nikon Tip Easy ISO

mhk1058

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markkneen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This probably works for other makes too but the other day I was out trying to shoot birds, mainly Red Kites, and I realised that Easy ISO is a fabulous setting for wildlife or anything where you need shallow depth of field and as much speed as possible, particulary on dull winter days.

In aperture priority mode, set Easy ISO, so main command dial is now adjusting ISO. Set your desired aperture, then your ISO command dial can be used for controlling shutter speed by quickly adjusting ISO on the go, where ever you point the camera.

Much better than Auto ISO where you don't really have much control over what's going on.

Last edited:
What kind of Nikon are you using?

If I had to guess.... according to the OPs stats, a Nikon D90. The D7000 has that feature too..... it's extremely handy.

I cant wait until I have enough money saved up for my D7000. Right now, I currently have the D40 and it's working for me. I just wish sometimes in my settings I had more options :)

Yes, sorry, D90. I have Easy ISO set permanently but this is perhaps the best use of it, you never have ISO higher than you need but quick easy adjustement for a shutter speed boost when needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back