What's new

Nikon to sue Sigma

Maybe they'll settle it with a merger?
 
Maybe they'll settle it with a merger?

That would help Nikon out a lot. I hear Nikon needs somebody to make lens caps for them, and Sigma would be the perfect company for that job!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #21
4333424286_5d1b49b300.jpg


all the sigma's would need is a little engraving change too - already got the cool black (or should that be hot black) colour and the golden rings of greatness. ;)
 
or better lenses...

Joking (runs and hides)

Yes--Nikkors need more of a sickly, yellow color cast in the images they project!!!

All kidding aside, this lawsuit might be interesting.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #23
Eh I just hope (purely from the selfish me side) that it blows over without sigma being forced to pull their OS system from sale or being forced to raise prices (to either overcome a big fine or licensing use costs).

The other side of me is of course, wanting to get a proper result. Whilst I don't support the whole hoarding of theoretical ideas to sue later, I do think that, like copyright, the basic ideals of patenting should be protected (since its not just the big companies it helps to defend).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom