Nikon type lens cap for Canon lens

Mystwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if all Canon lens are of that annoying side squeeze type - you know, the one where once you have a hood on, it's a pain to remove/put on. At least the lens I have are all of this type.

I recently noticed my friend's Nikon kit lens has cap that you squeeze in the middle to remove/put on.

Anyone know if Canon (or 3rd party) sell these seperately for 77mm lens?

There are (if lenscaps are a problem) some covers you can get which fit over the lens hood. Much easier to fit than a lenscap inside the hood - now if only I can remember which site i saw them on :(

Yeah, I kinda prefer the Nikon lens caps to the Canon ones too.
I might have to pick some up. It would be nice if there were some that didn't say Nikon on them, but it wouldn't bother me that much to have a Nikon cap on a Canon lens. Probably get a lot of questions from it though...

You can buy them on ebay. They're even Canon branded (even though they're not really Canon made). They would be much more convenient if you're using a hood.

Not sure if all Canon lens are of that annoying side squeeze type - you know, the one where once you have a hood on, it's a pain to remove/put on. At least the lens I have are all of this type.

I recently noticed my friend's Nikon kit lens has cap that you squeeze in the middle to remove/put on.

Anyone know if Canon (or 3rd party) sell these seperately for 77mm lens?

Why not simply buy Nikon caps? If anyone notices, just tell them that your camera is a Nikon wannabe.

Thanks forgot to check Ebay.

Any properly sized generic lens caps of the design of your choice should work. There are tons of them in online and locally.

Lens caps? I threw those out a long time ago. I use neoprene pouches that can be pulled closed and leave the lens caps as well as the rear caps at home. 10x faster during lens changes. Never use the pouches for anything else (coins for example), keep them clean, and closed when not accessing them.

Tamron lens caps also open like the Nikon ones...only, without the blasphemy. ;)

Most reactions

Back