What's new

Nikon working with Canon (Sonic and Mario Did it)

Idahophoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
389
Reaction score
0
Location
I live in Idaho
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, any of you use the Nikon SB-900 Flash with a Canon SLR ( Mainly EOS 50D) I love this flash and find the 580 EX2 just does not compete. Yeah, I know the Camera wont read it when placed on the hot shoe, but I always use them off camera and plan on grabbing some Pocket wizards. So from what I can tell it would be the PW telling the Nikon Flash to fire not the Canon Camera. Should work the other way around to.

I have heard of people doing this with say the older SB-24 Flash so it should work here I would think, but the deference in PW for Canon and Nikon has made me wonder. I plan on going with the Mini TT1 and Flex TT5's. The Nikon version don't seem to be out yet looking at the website so that's a concern. Anyways thought maybe some of you might be able to give me some insight. I plan on getting a few 430 EX2's if I can't get the 900.
 
You shouldn't have any problem, if you are firing the flash in manual via a Pocket Wzard....but I don't think you will be able to use E-TTL via the TT Pocket Wizards.

But you are right, the Nikon version isn't out yet...so I guess it's yet to be seen whether you would be able to interchange Canon & Nikon units.
 
what about the nikon is better than the canon?

(I don't have either flash)


You should be ok as long as the flash supports the old X-sync on center pin and the trigger voltage is in check. Of course you'll either work in manual or have the flash meter on its own.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom