Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II Oct. 14 Announcement

JBPhotog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks like the next updated version of the Nikon Mirrorless Z6 II and Z7 II will be announced on October 14, 2020. B&H Photo have an update for this on their page and rumours have not been confirmed on features or pricing.

Happy to see Nikon ramping up the R&D on this new lineup.

Nikon-Z6-II-and-Z7-II-mirrorless-cameras-1.jpg

Nikon Z Generation 2: Z6ii and Z7ii

Nikon has announced their true "Pro" level mirror-less cameras in their "Z6ii" and "Z7ii". The cameras feature dual processors and dual card slots, and performance improvements resulting there-from.

"Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II boast dual processors and gain a second card slot"
posted Oct 14, 2020, by "dpreview staff"
"Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II boast dual processors and gain a second card slot"

I actually came close to buying a "Z50" a few months ago. It was close, but I decided against it. Looking at these and the Canon R5 and R6 lines (and looking at other offerings from these companies), it looks like the future of these brands are about as "safe" as could reasonably be.

"The Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II will ship in November and December 2020, respectively. The Z7 II will sell for $3000 body-only or $3600 kitted with the Nikkor Z 24-70mm F4. The Z6 II will be priced at $2000 body-only or $2600 with Z 24-70mm F4. The MB-N11 battery pack will go on sale in November 2020 for $400."
[2020-11-14 21:15 added above paragraph. Prices are US dollars.]

Last edited:
I'm invested in Nikon with their dslrs and glass, but have been holding off adding a mirrorless body until I was sure Nikon produced one better than my D850 and D500 combination. If they didn't come up with one by spring, I was going to move to Canon, but wasn't looking forward to selling most of my gear and buying all new gear. From the specs, it looks like the Z7 II is better than my D850. Image quality will be virtually identical as it's the same sensor, but AF capability and speed should be significantly better, fps goes up and keeps 2 card slots and handles a vertical grip. I can still use most of my existing glass and then start adding Z glass. What is really selling me is the price points at $3k for the Z7 II, which is $500 less than I paid for my D850. That price "decrease" is rippling through Nikon's higher end product line to the benefit of Nikon's customers. I'll wait to (pre)order until I see some independent reviews, but I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far.

Most reactions

Back