Nikon Zf-c retro style camera shipping in July

It's interesting how much activity this thread is getting. Isn't the Zf-c basically just a special edition Z50 with retro styling and an articulating screen for an extra $100?

It's interesting how much activity this thread is getting. Isn't the Zf-c basically just a special edition Z50 with retro styling and an articulating screen for an extra $100?
It struck some here--as it did me--as an ill-timed, ill-considered product. Nikon is selling into a troubled market after some pre-pandemic financial bumps. Reaction from a few photo store friends was mostly "WTF!" followed by puzzlement over what stopped Nikon from doing the Zf-c in a F-mount 3-4 years ago. The Fuji X-Tx cameras showed the concept could work but who knows whether Nikon even considered MILCs in 2017? Lenses are the problem now.

Not sure why you keep posting reviews that anyone interested would already know about.

Not sure why you keep posting reviews that anyone interested would already know about.
I'm excited about this camera and tired of all the naysayers discounting it. If you can complain about it, I can be positive. Thank you very much.

Basically, but the dedicated SS, Aperture, and +/- dials (as well as other buttons/ergonomics) makes it different enough. It also apparently has a slightly better focusing module, and has continuous external power capability.

I'd gladly give up retro styling and non-existent ergonomics for ease-of-use; all other things being equal. I would never choose this over the Z50 if I was in the market.

Last edited:
I'm excited about this camera and tired of all the naysayers discounting it. If you can complain about it, I can be positive. Thank you very much.
Then let's leave it there.

Having added Nikon to the reputar as of recent, I was actually somewhat excited to see a retro style "Aluminum looking thingy", and then read DX.
Really?

Secondly, the lenses attached make it look much like the Nikon ripoff Nippon cameras with the fixed small aperture SLR looking thingy.

Why I didn't get the Nikon and went with the P25 instead to fire up my Med. Format shooting.

Secondly, the lenses attached make it look much like the Nikon ripoff Nippon cameras with the fixed small aperture SLR looking thingy.

It's supposed to be a 28mm f/2.8. Compared to the 50mm f/1.4 next to it in that picture it shows you have far backwards we have gone in glass...

Some of us like classic cars and cameras. For me the '65 427 Cobra has my heart. My FM2n is from the '80s and the FM3a were made into the 2000s. Good styling never goes out of fashion.
51965-shelby-cobra-427-roadster.jpg

It's not a classic camera. It's Factory 5 cobra replica, with an LS3 motor, modern coil-over suspension, but skinny tires, analog/mechanical gauges in the cluster (retro styling) and a 3-speed manual transmission (control dials).

if you're going to play analogy, try to get it more accurate. The zf is a Z50 with poor ergonomics and controls.

Last edited:
It's not a classic camera. It's Factory 5 cobra replica, with an LS3 motor, modern coil-over suspension, but skinny tires, analog/mechanical gauges in the cluster (retro styling) and a 3-speed manual transmission (control dials).

if you're going to play analogy, try to get it more accurate. The zf is a Z50 with poor ergonomics and controls.
You really have an attitude. I was playing off the response comparing the camera to a '56 Chrysler. And there is nothing wrong w/ a Cobra kit car. Do you ever have anything good to say?

Most reactions

Back