No 120 transparency film

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
It was bound to happen. Our little area of about 250,000 people only has two camera stores. I visited the largest today to pick up some 120 Velvia. Nope. Ektachrome? Anything? We have some tungsten balanced Ektachrome. I called the other store by phone. Nope. Now I need to buy film on-line. I guess the end is near.

mysteryscribe said:
The little man stood against a pole outside the camera store. He stood huddled in his heavy coat. As people left the store, he would open his coat and say, "Hey buddy wanna buy some slide film...."

That's a good one! :lmao:

fmw said:
Now I need to buy film on-line. I guess the end is near.
What end? ;) Click on the Freestyle banner above, or one of the others. You'll be able to get whatever you want, plus you'll be able to help support TPF! It's win-win, bay-bay! :mrgreen:

they make 120 velvia?!?!
man you must be able to project that on the side of a large barn....

Thanks, Mystery Scribe, it made my day too. I seem to buy everything else on line these days so I guess buying film will be just one more thing. I sort of like to check the dates on film but I guess those days are over for me.

fightheheathens said:
they make 120 velvia?!?!
man you must be able to project that on the side of a large barn....

I used to shoot 4X5 Velvia in the camera you see in my avatar. In the old days before printing presses were changed to digital, they used process cameras to make color separations from transparencies. Most commercial advertising photography was done on medium or large format transparency film. It only seems like yesterday. And today, I need to visit the man in the coat huddled by the door of the camera store. :)

fmw said:
Thanks, Mystery Scribe, it made my day too. I seem to buy everything else on line these days so I guess buying film will be just one more thing. I sort of like to check the dates on film but I guess those days are over for me.

You could also order over the phone, it may be possible to check the dates while ordering. I'm fortunate enough to have plenty of stuff available, I often shop (in person) at B&H and anything I've bought has always been very fresh. They have discounted sales on short-dated stuff, so it should be easy to avoid that if that's your concern.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back