No Brakes! CnC requested

I've got Lightroom and Photoshop, but I keep Lightroom to its minimum default values, so its basically only giving capture sharpening and colour noise reduction.

From there I then to into Photoshop where I use Neat Image plugin to do the main noise reduction. I also use Neat Image to give a level of sharpening as well at the same time.

From there I then use the remove spots and scratches filter in Photoshop to get rid of any white spots or odd scratches in the shot from the noise.

Then its resizing for web display. For the 6400 I find I need to run Neat image again for a second time, but on reduced settings (or I can use Photoshops reduce noise filter) just to touch up the last little bit on the shot.

It's a bit rough, but good enough for web display. If I wanted to do better I Can use layer masks to mask off specific areas to change the relative sharpening and noise reduction methods.
I've also experimented with this method
Tutorial: Masking for Noise Reduction and Sharpening - Canon Digital Photography Forums

for making a nice quick layermask to do noise and sharpening selective removal. However I need to learn a bit more about it as at present I end up with odd clumps of noise that remain in the final shot in random places (and as a result require global noise reduction on top which defeats the point of the filter in the first place).
Note I say quick, because whilst there are a few steps in the process, the method is infinity faster than doing a manual by hand filter (esp since most of my subjects are quite complex with shape).

Nice shot. I like the that you captured her expression.

Overread ... thanks for the info on post processing.

Overread, your explanation on pp makes me realise that it's a art form in its self, nicely done.

Also I like her eyes! It shows she's dealt with the jump, and is looking to where she wants too go next.

Thanks all!
And yes I was glad with her expression - sometimes people make really odd expressions as they go over a jump or even just ride at speed around the arena.

Roba - yeah editing really is an art and skill all of its own. Even if you're not doing extensive retouching there is still a level of skill in getting things like noise and sharpness under control - heck printing is a whole other skill ontop of that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back