No Canon vs Nikon here

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a few of you know, I shoot almost exclusively with legacy lenses which requires me to set the aperture on the lens body & focus manually. Thus I participate in the "manual focus forum" as well as here. This particular thread made me think of the fan boys & girls on this forum; you see, old glass has fan-boys as well. Take a look!

Minolta 58/1.4 vs Helios 58/2

Nice shot you have over there Ron!!! I have a 58mm f/2 Russian-made M42 lens from the late 1970's...I'm looking forward to trying it...I "think" it might be the Helios design, in Zenit dress...

P1000833sm.jpg

Pshhhhh.

SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8 for me.

I accidentally gave away the adapter though. I have to see about getting a new one. :(

Pshhhhh.

SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8 for me.

I accidentally gave away the adapter though. I have to see about getting a new one. :(

I have a Super-Takumar 55/1.8 , should I toss that into the mix as well? ;) Thirteen 50 something lenses out of 36 vintage lenses to choose from.

Would you use any of the screw in Pentax lenses Ron? I have two that are sitting in my closet that are probably going to get tossed shortly.

Would you use any of the screw in Pentax lenses Ron? I have two that are sitting in my closet that are probably going to get tossed shortly.

Sure, I only have three M42 mounts now:
the above 58/2,
Super-Takumar 55/1.8 &
Vivitar 400/5.6.

I also have three Leica M39 mount lenses.

I've got a 55mm 2.8 (I don't know what brand it is) and a Vivitar 28mm 2.5.

They are yours if you want them, I don't think they would be too much to ship.

Edit: The 55mm is a Diramic.

I've got a 55mm 2.8 (I don't know what brand it is) and a Vivitar 28mm 2.5.

They are yours if you want them, I don't think they would be too much to ship.

Edit: The 55mm is a Diramic.

Thanks but no thanks Rebecca. I have Three 28mm lenses now, one being the Vivitar (Kiron) 28/2.5 in Minolta mount.

Okay:) Just checking!

Most reactions

Back