No discussion! (Hamburg-Ohlsdorf Cemetery)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"Sorry, no. No discussion! He is mine now!"

ohlsdorfkeinediskussion.jpg

Poor dad ...

What a sad and beautiful statue scene. You captured it well

Well, I feel I better move my own thread from the Darkside Gallery to the General Gallery since while - as a mother who lost her first-born son when he was only 10 - I feel this one is really sad, it is not quite so much "darkside", actually, even though it was taken on my second visit to Hamburg-Ohlsdorf Cemetery last week on Thursday.

When someone's time has come, no matter how young that person may be, there is no discussing things! The time has come for them to go ... :cry:

How come he has all that black stuff on him? looks like he was burnt.
Or is it that the others have cover from the rain and he doesn't?

Guess so. Some of these graves are 80 years old or more and have been exposed to the elements for all those years. Some have really black faces these days. May be moss, too, or lichen or whatever. Here's the link to the entire marker to show you some more context (but I don't want to mix that with the chosen pic for this thread) .

The title does NOT mean that no one shall speak a word about this now... it does not. I meant to say the angel is saying this to the father (that is my interpretation of the scene), that his boy will go to heaven with him now.

You may speak up! C'mon!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back