Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel like this is my best landscape...by a long shot

C&C please :)

1-35.jpg

I don't see what your looking for by adding the sewer thingy, explain?

I really like those little yellow flowers/ weeds though. That adds something to the shot.

Love the light. I think the manhole adds an interesting element. I have a problem with vertical crops in general let alone landscapes. That is a whole other story.

Love & Bass

I don't see what your looking for by adding the sewer thingy, explain?
quote]

My thoughts exactly. It's an odd element to add. Since I'm always looking for the commercial value of a photo, I'm wondering - would you print this 16x20 and hang it in your living room?

I agree w/ the above, so i croped it...lol, i think other than the sewer issue it is a really good pic!!
1-352.jpg

I think I like the crop, but that's only because I don't know why Bear added the sewer thing.

He may have a reason that he thinks is nice, so it's personal preference here.

The sewer is to add a sense of industrialization...not all pics have a commercial value. Infact I would say 90% of the value in this one is simply the improvement of it over my past landscapes (Im practicing :) ). I do not like the crop because it takes away a focus on something for the foreground, yes the flowers are there, but the way they are presented makes that much more unattainable.

Thanks much for the help though u guys :)

now that you know why the sewer is there, do you have a different opinion?

I do like the fact you added a foreground, but I still think a different foreground subject could be slightly better, IMO.

Again, personal preference. It does add some sense of industrialization, so you got what you were looking for. All that matters. (unless you sell your photos)

I completely get where Bears coming from. Most of the shots on the board are to take the viewer away from his surroundings and into another, often serene, world. This takes you there but, keeps your feet anchored in suburban civilization with the manhole. You get to go "out there" but you gotta come back too.

Or I could be completely off base...who knows. Nice pic, I get it..I think.

Most reactions

Back