No Gas, Weirdos and No Memory Card - This Morning Sucks

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
So this morning I had an appointment with my libertarian psychiatrist. The problem with having a libertarian psychiatrist, is that he believes in hard work and long hours, and routinely schedules me at like 6:30 AM.

Today was slightly better, had an appointment at 6:50 AM. I was all ready to head over for the most expensive 10 minutes spent on the planet when I realized I was out of gas. I had my wallet in the trunk with my gear, so I went back to get the credit card out and locked the trunk again. I felt kind of weird, thinking that if someone were watching they'd assume I had something good back there.

I filled up the tank half way and headed out, missing my opportunity at the light. Blocked into the service station, I had to either turn left and drive a bit out of my way, or just wait on the traffic to clear. Being already late, I opted for the latter when this guy walks up to my car when he tries to open the driver's side door which is jammed and has to be opened from the inside. I immediately locked the doors as he goes for the back, still not saying ANYTHING - at a well-lit service station, at rush hour! WTF?

Fortunately as this was going down, the light changed and I pulled out to the left and drove away, ten minutes late for my dr. appointment. And then off to the river for some photos.

After some looking and quiet meditation, I finally found a good spot - really a very good spot. The light was looking fantastic, they sky all gauzy and diffused with fog rising up atop the hills on the southern bank of the river. The water had these cool criss-cross patterns as it wound around the banks, things were looking good until "NO MEMORY CARD - SHUTTER LOCKED"

BAH!

Maybe the creepy guy was bringing you a memory card? That's a bad way to start a day...

^^ lol. I'll keep that in mind next time a hooded, intoxicated man tries to open my car door.

A libertarian psychiatrist?

"Hey it's your mind, you can do with it as you please."

The treatment I was using for the previous several years was pretty unorthodox. ^^^^this was pretty much his position.

it was nice to have someone who respected my rights as a patient.

Oh man, what an idiot maneuver....no memory card....MAN...I've only done that like four times...that I am willing to admit...

I should have just set the shutter to release, so at least my disappointment would be delayed.

... i'd blame it on this new fangled digital

but i've also been known to forget film.

I could circle the earth with the number of thumb drives I've sent through the washing machine.

^^^ they normally survive, that's been my experience.

My sister sent her beloved Tamagotchi through the laundry. It didn't.

Most reactions

Back