No GoPro Sub Forum

TPF is pretty bloated with 50+ forum sections as it is now.
There are so many forums that many members have difficulty figuring our where to start threads.
In addition, we are primarily a still photography forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
TPF is pretty bloated with 50+ forum sections as it is now.
There are so many forums that many members have difficulty figuring our where to start threads.

soooooo, does that mean we aren't getting that wedding photography sub section? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Extrapolating the logic, TPF should get rid of all sections that have a particular theme. After all, there are other forums out there on the net that cover them, so everyone can just go elsewhere if they wanna talk about that stuff. And then, nobody here will be lost trying to figure out where to post anymore.

Last edited:
......There are so many forums that many members have difficulty figuring our where to start threads.

I'm still looking for the 'correct' forum to post my focus-stack macro / panoramic / HDR / black & white family sports shot.

Extapolating the logic, TPF should get rid of all sections that have a particular theme. After all, there are other forums out there on the net that cover them, so everyone can just go elsewhere if they wanna talk about that stuff. And then, nobody here will be lost trying to figure out where to post anymore.
Well, I do think that might be just a bit of an exageration Buck, after all, we do have to draw the line somewhere... I'm going to move this to the Suggestions Forum.

I think that we would need to have far more activity in the video section before we could consider adding a section for a specific brand of video camera. Most of our common sections are based upon popularity of the subject to the point where its popularity warrants dividing it out to its own section to allow other sections to continue on without being overwhelmed.

We also draw out some things in advance as they become more promenant in the community and world of photography (for example putting up a specific video section as video has become a primary part of most cameras now). We do try to keep the number of sections as limited as we possibly can - this often means we can't agree to every suggestion. Most of the time its a case of if you want a section then promote that content on the site - encourage others and develop the interest to the point where its big enough to warrant its own section.

At present I can't even reacall seeing many if any go-pro threads on the site which suggests we might not have a strong population of gopro users.

Most reactions

Back