No Longer Comforting

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
10_06_2009_2417copy.jpg

great picture, but the color makes it really hard to concentrate on the subject matter.

Did you also shoot this with the camera in portrait orientation? Would like it more if the legs of the chair weren't cut off. I like the sepia-tone conversion...very stark looking.

Did you also shoot this with the camera in portrait orientation? Would like it more if the legs of the chair weren't cut off. I like the sepia-tone conversion...very stark looking.

Unfortunately, that's the entire shot.. I took it before I found this forum and started caring about composition.. All I did to it was convert it from color and sharpen it. It appears that I over sharpened it, though, because I think I see a halo around the ends of the arms.

the picture looks good... that is how it looks like to over sharpened the picture LOL

I was just gonna say it looked alittle oversharpened but I still like it alot.......

Unfortunately, that's the entire shot.. I took it before I found this forum and started caring about composition..

That's a pity. It really is a very interesting composition. Next time try for a looser crop.

you fell sort of in the middle as far as prime shot location. if it were my shot i would have either backed up a little further to show the whole chair and some of the backdrop, or i would get really close for a shot that would end up kind of abstract, focusing on a piece of the chair highlighting the age and textures of the wood.

BUT your conversion is really nice, and I love the tone to the picture...and aside from the framing issue, your meaning/title pops out and is one with the picture.

GOOD JOB

I like this alot. Besides the composition issue (which everyone else has covered for you), what stands out (in a second viewing of the picture) is the branch that sits across the arm and seat itself. Although it's light, almost blending with the background, it adds to the distress of the chair.

There could be small improvements, but something about this picture really grabs my attention. (Could be my own love for this type of "broken beauty" kind of photography)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back